Museum, Ristorante and Boutique:
Tue. to Sun. from 10 to 18, in December, daily from 10 to 18
National Holiday, 1 August 2021
31.07. 2021: 10–17
Christmas 2021 | New Year 2022
Labour Day 2022
Ascension Day 2022
Standard entry CHF 7.00
- Children and youth up to 16 years of age are free when accompanied by an adult
Discounted entry CHF 5.00
- Persons with disabilities (persons accompanying persons with disabilities who can’t visit the museum on their own qualify for free entry)
The entire building, including the boutique and Ristorante La Sosta, is accessible by wheelchair.
No supplementary fees are charged for special exhibitions.
With a valid membership with one of these organisations, entrance is free – includes special exhibitions.
COVID-19 protection concept
The health and safety of staff and visitors are of paramount importance to. To ensure everyone’s protection at Spielzeug Welten Museum Basel, the institution has developed a protection concept that implements the COVID-19 measures of the federal and cantonal government. In addition to the basic rules regarding hygiene and social distancing, the following measures are in place:
- mask-wearing is mandatory in all publicly accessible rooms
- hand disinfectant is available in the foyer for visitors and staff
- in the Boutique visitors are asked to touch only the goods they wish to buy
- card payment at the cash desk is preferred
- access to the museum or specific exhibition rooms can be temporarily restricted if there are too many people in them
Barfüsserplatz is just a short stroll of about fifteen minutes from the SBB train station.
Another convenient alternative is the tram – take SBB Tram No. 8 from the train station to Barfüsserplatz or tram No. 11 to the Theater or Barfüsserplatz stop. From Badischer Bahnhof train station, take tram No. 6 to the Barfüsserplatz or Theater stop.
For visitors arriving by car, the carparks near the SBB train station (Centralbahnparking), Elisabethen, Steinen, or Parkhaus Badischer Bahnhof, are highly recommended.